It’s a great Monday morning and I am fired up from this weekend. My goal is to instill some inspiration and energy to you.
If you haven’t watched the Obama’s State of the Union address, I recommend you do so (it’s on Youtube). It doesn’t matter whether or not you like Obama as a president or disagree with some of the things going on. What matters is understanding his message of rebuilding America.
This is not a political message I am going to speak to you about. But there is one important message I took away from his State of The Union address:
“Before reform takes place in America, we need to reform ourselves and start working together again…Don’t walk away from reform. Not now. Not when we are so close”
Here is how we can reform ourselves, not only to become healthier and live better lives, but also assisting our families and friends to become healthier. It is Breakthroughs To Fitness’ mission to educate, equip, and inspire individuals to create breakthroughs in life through fitness.
1. Stop putting blame on everyone or everything else when it comes to your health. I understand that there is so much crap out there that puts us all at a disadvantage for our health. However, we all face that crap on a daily basis and some of us overcome and succeed because they reform their mindset and create a plan to follow consistently. If you do not take/accept the responsibility for where you are today, I can promise you, you will not move forward in recapturing your health.
2. As stated above, “when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” You can’t go through life and expect success by winging it. Yes, some of us get lucky, but we do not get lucky in all areas of our life by winging it. Do you currently have a plan to achieve the goals you set forth in the New Year? If not, then those goals mean absolutely nothing and it was a waste of energy. I am a coach that is going to tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.
3. To advance step 2 further, if you have a plan have you been following it consistently or getting back on it immediately if you fell off? It’s one thing to tell others your dreams, goals, and desires and not act on them, but it’s far more worse when you tell these things to yourself and do not follow through. You are the most important person to yourself. If you continue to lie to yourself about what you are doing, then that shows a lack of respect for YOU. It doesn’t matter how many times you fail or succeed, what matters is you keep acting on what you said you were going to do. If you struggle to follow that plan, either scale it back (which I do not recommend) or seek guidance from a coach (I highly recommend) to assist you.
4. As Obama had stated, we have to start working together. I believe strongly that the most important thing you can do is take care of your health first. While doing that though, encourage others to join the journey with you. You will know those people around you who are serious and who are full of fluff. Seek out the serious people in your life and invite them to work together a few times a week or even a month. Accountability is the number one factor people require to succeed. Joining the gym is not accountability. Hiring a coach or joining a friend is.
5. Obama had mentioned that American’s are scaling back on spending, so why not the government? He is asking for a 3 year freeze on spending in 2011 and focusing on what they need and getting rid of what’s not working. I propose the same thing to you. Before spending your money on food, supplements, gyms, coaches, etc, examine if you truly need these things and if they will bring you closer to your goals. For example, if going to your favorite deli and buying an 800 calorie sandwich brings you further away from your health goals, get rid of it and put your money toward grocery shopping and making your own meals. We waste so much money on SHIT that destroys our bodies and yet complain that we have no money, we gained weight, or we do not feel well. Take a cooking class and learn how to prepare meals in less time. It’s a great investment.
Like I mentioned I am fired up and have so much more to say, but I will save it for Friday. Absorb what I wrote above and act on 1 step this week. I promise you, over time you will start seeing amazing results when following the advice above and in the future.
I promise to deliver value to you with every post I put up. However, I need to know what you are thinking. I value your feedback and respect every word. Comment below on what you would like to learn more about.
Dedicated to your results,
Breakthroughs To Fitness – Long Island Personal Trainer
P.S. If you are offended in anyway on what I wrote above, I do not apologize because it’s what you need to hear in order to move forward in life and create those breakthroughs with fitness. It’s time to step it up!